Children’s Care: At Yellowbird Dental in Edmonton, We Welcome Your Kids!
Doing everything you can to help set your child(ren) up for a lifetime of oral health success is vital not only to their smiles -- but to their overall health. At Yellowbird Dental in Edmonton, we're committed to helping patients of every age achieve and maintain excellent oral health for life, and we'd love to partner with you in helping every member of your family care for their beautiful smiles!
When should my child visit a dentist for the first time?
The Canadian Dental Association recommends that children see a dentist within six months of getting their first tooth, or by their first birthday.
What can we expect during my child's first dental visit?
During your child's first dental visit at Yellowbird Dental in Edmonton, our team will:
- Warmly welcome your child and put them at ease
- Examine their teeth and gums
- Check for tooth decay
- Discuss good oral hygiene habits with you
- Answer any questions you have about your child's dental health.
Why is establishing good oral health habits at a young age so important?
Good oral health is important for children in Edmonton for many reasons:
- It helps them to eat and speak properly
- It promotes self-esteem and confidence
- It can help prevent cavities and tooth decay
- It helps set them up for a lifetime of oral health.
How can I help my child care for their teeth?
There are many things you can do as a parent to help your child develop good oral hygiene habits, including:
- Brushing your young child's teeth twice a day with a pea-sized amount of fluoride toothpaste
- Flossing your child's teeth daily until approximately age seven or eight
- Limiting sugary snacks and drinks
- Helping your child choose healthy food options.
Encouraging your child to develop good oral hygiene habits from an early age is one of the best ways to help them maintain a healthy smile for years to come. At Yellowbird Dental, we are committed to providing childrens dental care in Edmonton and its neighboring areas, including Twin Brooks, Blue Quill, Sweet Grass, Ermineskin, and Steinhauer.
Contact Yellowbird Dental About Children’s Dental Care Today
- Help your child understand the importance of caring for their mouth at a young age
- Develop a trusting relationship with our team of caring professionals
- Ensure that any existing dental issues are treated quickly
- Strengthen your child’s smile in the short and long term
- Reduce their risk for dental decay!