Fluoride Treatment: How It Will Benefit Your Smile
A mineral that’s found naturally in many water sources and foods, fluoride helps prevent tooth decay, strengthens teeth, and repairs damage to the enamel (the hard outer layer of the tooth). At Yellowbird Dental, we’re happy to provide our patients with professional fluoride treatments that help them protect and optimize their smiles!
What are the benefits of professional fluoride treatments?
Fluoride treatments can help:
- Prevent tooth decay. By strengthening the tooth enamel, fluoride treatments help prevent cavities from forming.
- Repair damage to the enamel. If a tooth has already begun to decay, a fluoride treatment can help to reverse the damage and repair the tooth.
- Strengthen teeth. Fluoride treatments can help make teeth more resistant to decay.
Is the fluoride in water sources and certain foods enough to protect my smile?
While fluoride is found naturally in a number of natural sources, the fluoride content is not enough to provide the benefits listed above.
What happens during an in-office fluoride treatment?
During an in-office fluoride treatment, a gel, foam, rinse, or varnish is applied to the teeth. Containing a high concentration of fluoride that helps to strengthen the teeth and prevent cavities, the fluoride treatment is usually left on the teeth for up to 30 minutes to allow for full absorption.
Can anyone benefit from regular treatments?
Fluoride treatments are recommended for everyone, but they are especially important for children and adults who are at a higher risk for cavities. This includes people who have:
- Dry mouth
- A history of cavities
- Gum disease
- Braces or other dental appliances
- Exposed root surfaces.
If you have any questions about fluoride treatments and/or how they can benefit your oral health, call us today!
Contact Yellowbird Dental About Fluoride Treatments Today
- Strengthen your tooth enamel
- Experience painless application
- Help prevent and reverse tooth decay
- Avoid complex dental issues in the short and long term
- Prioritize your oral health!